My sweet family

My sweet family

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Motherhood

Being a mother is by far the greatest blessing I have.  I always knew I wanted to be a mother when I was a little girl, but I was not prepared for how unconditionally I would love my children.  My children bring me overwhelming joy and happiness.  There is no other sound than the giggle from Malone when she is sharing something she thinks is funny.  There is no other feeling than the slobbery, tongue, baby kisses from Jagger.  No one prepared me that the greatest compliments in life would come from my own children, like today when Malone told me how pretty I looked after I got dressed for church.  Wow, how incredible is that!
But motherhood also brings the greatest responsibility.  I am the one they run to when they are hurt and need their "boo-boo's" taken care of.  I am responsible for instilling good morals and values.  I pray daily for both Malone and Jagger.  I pray for them to have a love for the Lord, to want to do the right thing, for their choices in friends and future spouses.  I am responsible for getting them fed and bathed and for teaching them about being happy and loving. 
Motherhood also brings worry.  I worry about my children's health and happiness.  I worry about my children having broken hearts.  The worst feeling in the entire world is knowing your baby is hurting.  I know as Malone and Jagger grow they will face hurt and heartache.  But ultimately, I must let go of that worry and leave it in the Lord's hands.  I need to remember to pray for each situation and for my children to find ultimate happiness in themselves, their family, and most of all, the Lord. 
I believe being a mother is the greatest job on this Earth.  It is the most important role any human can face.  I hope that I am able to fulfill the role of mother of my children to my greatest potential and leave a lasting impression on my them that is love, faith, and friendship. 

Who can find a virtuous woman? She is far more precious than jewels...
Strength and honor are her clothing, and she can laugh at the time to come.

She opens her mouth with wisdom, and loving instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the activities of her household and is never idle.
Proverbs 31

No comments:

Post a Comment