My sweet family

My sweet family

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Looking for the rainbow

Lately I've been looking for the rainbow.  The rainbow that means the floods are gone and the sun will shine again.  It seems like everyone in our family has been hit with some type of illness or challenge.  It all started right before Christmas when Malone had strep.  She was so sick for about 3 or 4 days and it was pitiful.  That cleared up to be followed by an ear infection.  That was followed by a ringworm on her leg and a breakout of eczema followed that.  Then Jagger was hit with a stomach virus that was followed by a rash on his body caused by some type of bacteria.  And to top it all off, I've been having trouble with my back and have really had a hard time standing or walking for long periods of time (thankfully it has been feeling better this week).  Doctor visits, antiobiotics, steroid creams, etc  have all been in our life the past month and I keep thinking that soon I'll see the rainbow that means the storms have passed.

But the rainbow has been right in front of me all along.  Our storms and clouds are so minor in comparison to what we COULD be facing, and what others DO face on a daily basis, that our rainbow is actually shining brightly!  When I am stressed or freaking out over our problems, I need to remember that no matter how bad it gets we can get through it.  And even it if our clouds get worse (and my prayer is always that they do not) I know that God will see us through.  In the end, as long as we love and trust Him, the rainbow is ALWAYS there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment